The Professional Board of Hypnotherapy - Code of Ethics
Questions regarding ethics? Contact the Professional Board of Hypnotherapy, Inc.
- Maintain and uphold the standards of professional practice, as stated in the "Professional Code of Rights and Responsibilities," and in this "Code of Ethics."
- Conduct hypnotherapy sessions in a professional manner and in a professional setting.
- Uphold the dignity of the client at all times.
- Protect and uphold client confidentiality, as noted in the "Professional code of Rights and Responsibilities." Possible exceptions include:
-When permission has been granted in writing by the client on file.
-When the client's, or another person's life is at risk for withholding private information. Information will then only be released to the proper authorities, such as the police, and/or child protective authorities.
-By court order.
- A member shall maintain only professional contact between hypnotherapist and client, during the course of therapy.
- Members will act with professional respect towards other members of the Professional Board of Hypnotherapy, and other professionals they may come in contact with.
- Members will maintain the standards of their profession and will keep up-to-date with relevant material in their chosen professional field.
- Members will only work within their realm of training and knowledge acquired through quality hypnosis certification schools.
- A member will provide referrals to other qualified professionals when indicated. Members shall also acquire the referral, or permission for treatment of licensed professionals when indicated.
- Above all, members will abide by the laws of the land in relation to the practice of hypnotherapy in their Province, State, or Country.
(403) 347 - 9019.
Alan Eastman, DCH.
"The beginning is the most important part of the work."
- Plato (427-347 B. C.), The Republic